maggio 04, 2021 - Mercedes-Benz
"Are you AMG-ready?" - The campaign for the new brand positioning of Mercedes-AMG
Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
Motivation and objective
- The new campaign "Are you AMG-ready?" marks the start of the positioning of the #mercedesamg brand as a sub-brand of Mercedes-Benz with the aim of strengthening the product portfolio as a performance luxury brand. The campaign not only introduces a new AMG brand identity and attitude, it also forms the communicative prelude for all upcoming product campaigns. It is designed to bind existing customers to the brand and conquer new target groups. In doing so, it focuses on the timeless AMG spirit.
- AMG was born on the race track and continues to live up to this heritage. Its roots in motorsports form the basis for its continuing success. Speed, performance, team spirit, the will to win - all of these have always distinguished AMG. Customers can continue to count on these qualities. AMG is currently systematically driving forward the transformation of the company and redefining the future of Driving Performance. Electrification of the powertrain - for example under the "E PERFORMANCE" technology label - plays a central role in this.
- "Performance" in this context means more than just motorsport, top speed or driving dynamics. Performance stands for the power to create new values, the energy to enable progress and the will to achieve all goals. Performance is what drives the world.
- At the same time, the brand profile is being further developed. This includes, among other things, a stronger focus on lifestyle and addressing new target groups, especially younger people and women.
- "Luxury" goes beyond the product: it is the emotional moment around which the brand revolves when something new opens up and endless possibilities await.
- The campaign idea and concept come from the agency of British star photographer and filmmaker Rankin. "Are you AMG-ready?" is the London team's first campaign as Mercedes-AMG's new lead agency.
"The claim 'Are you AMG-ready?' sums up our transformation into a Performance Luxury brand. We are ready to redefine Driving Performance and open up our brand to new target groups. We combine the AMG spirit with the luxury of tomorrow's lifestyle and will thus further strengthen the fascination for the #mercedesamg brand", says Philipp Schiemer, CEO of #mercedesamg GmbH.
"AMG has such a great catalogue of amazing sports cars, it was a pleasure to create this work to celebrate that and to set the brand up for an exciting future with some cool talent," says Rankin, who photographed and directed the work.
- In addition to numerous social media assets, the launch campaign includes one long film (60 seconds) and four short films (30 seconds each), each telling an individual story. They focus on four highlight vehicles from the AMG model portfolio: two historic milestones in the shape of the SLS AMG Electric Drive and the 300 E 5.6 AMG ("The Hammer") as well as two current vehicles in the form of the #mercedesamg G 63 (fuel consumption combined: 14.4 l/100 km | CO2emissions combined: 330 g/km) and the #mercedesamg GT Black Series (fuel consumption combined: 12.8 l/100 km | CO2 emissions combined: 292 g/km)1.
- Under the umbrella term "Silence", the SLS Electric Drive stands for technology, pioneering spirit, electrification and exclusivity.
- "Sound" is the leitmotif for the V8-powered 300 E 5.6 as an unmistakable ambassador for the brand's history and a coveted collector's item.
- The G 63 enters the race with "Strength" for lifestyle, timeless design, superiority and luxury.
- And the most powerful AMG V8 production model, the AMG GT Black Series, embodies pure "Power" with authentic motorsports technology and maximum exclusivity. The film ends with a glimpse of AMG's electrified future, Project ONE, and invites the viewer on the journey.
Visual concept and tonality
- With the campaign, #mercedesamg introduces new imagery and a confident tone - freedom-loving and rebellious - and offers a glimpse of upcoming product campaigns that are set to follow over the course of the year for new #mercedesamg models.
- The situations in which protagonists and vehicles are seen in the spots are unusual and surprising. Two questions always arise: How did the cars get there? And who is driving them?
- In the SLS Electric Drive, a woman escapes from everyday life and seeks freedom in the desert - "Ride to Freedom".
- The 300 E 5.6 serves as a sound machine. The protagonist creates a track from the sounds and fires up the party.
- The G 63 creates an oversized AMG wordmark by driving rapidly over splashing puddles of paint.
- In the Black Series, a self-assured woman picks up her companion for a speed date of a special kind - the young gentleman with a classic bouquet of flowers and impeccable manners is more than surprised.
Further information in the press release to download