Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
- Kia #niro to make European debut at 2016 Geneva Motor Show
- Stand-out crossover design for the hybrid car market
- Dedicated hybrid powertrain specifically developed for all-new model
- Engineers targeting 89 g/km CO2 emissions
- Predictive driving assistance maximises efficiency in all driving conditions
- Lightweight, high-strength steel and aluminium body for maximum safety and low NVH
- Infotainment options include #kia Connected Services and Android Auto™
- Optional 1,300 kg towing capacity available from Q4 2016
- On-sale in Europe from Q3 2016
(SEOUL) February 18, 2016 – The all-new #kia #niro will make its European debut at the 2016 Geneva International Motor Show (86th Salon International de l'Automobile) on 1 March. An all-new low-emissions hybrid crossover, the #niro marks the development of Kia's first dedicated eco-car platform.
The #kia #niro will offer the practicality and curbside appeal of a spacious crossover, together with the high fuel efficiency of an advanced hybrid powertrain. Engineered from the ground up as a dedicated hybrid vehicle, its attractive, modern design will help the car stand out among conservatively-styled hybrid rivals.
The Niro's all-new platform has been engineered in isolation from existing #kia models, and is designed to accommodate a specific set of environmentally-conscious technologies and next-generation powertrains. While the Niro's hybrid powertrain – made up of a 1.6-litre GDI (gasoline direct injection) engine, lithium-ion polymer battery pack, 32 kW electric motor and six-speed double-clutch transmission – is under development, Kia's engineers are targeting CO2 emissions of 89 g/km*.
Michael Cole, Chief Operating Officer, #kia Motors Europe, commented, "The #kia #niro will offer buyers a compelling blend of crossover practicality with the cool, modern styling for which #kia is famous, and an efficient new hybrid powertrain to keep running costs down. The #niro fills a gap in the market for a crossover with typically low hybrid emissions, and will appeal to a broad range of European buyers."
Cole added: "Hybrid sales have more than doubled in Europe over the last five years, and are forecast to account for around 700,000 sales in Europe by 2020. The #niro will allow #kia to meet this growing demand for alternatively-fuelled vehicles, and help us meet our 2020 global target to improve average fleet fuel efficiency by 25% over 2014 levels."
© Copyright 2019