Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
August 20, 2018 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
- FIAT Club America celebrated its 35th annual “FIAT FreakOut” #Event in Florida, Aug. 16-19
- Hundreds of #Fiat owners and aficionados attended the four-day #Event in Orlando
- Activities included scenic driving tours throughout Disney properties, Florida orange groves and backwoods to the Lakeridge Winery
- Festive-themed meals and banquets included a private dessert party at the Italy showcase in Epcot
- Main #Event Concorso Di Eleganza car display and awards banquet showcased #Fiat vehicles that spanned multiple decades
- Special guest Anneliese #Abarth, the wife and partner of the late, legendary #automotive designer Carlo #Abarth, served as keynote speaker at the annual members banquet
- Next year’s #Fiat FreakOut to be held in Greensboro, North Carolina, from July 10-14
- Hundreds of #Fiat
owners and #Abarth
performance-car aficionados from throughout North America gathered in Orlando this past week as #Fiat
Club America celebrated its 35th annual “FIAT FreakOut” (FFO) national convention.
“The passion and loyalty of #Fiat
fans were on full display at this year’s FreakOut,” said Steve Beahm, Head of Passenger Car Brands – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and #Fiat
, FCA – North America. “With a full range of fun-to-drive vehicles spanning multiple decades, this is the perfect annual #Event
for owners to celebrate FIAT’s iconic Italian heritage and design.”
Held at Walt Disney World and nearby attractions, organizers tabbed this year’s #Event
as “The Most Magical FreakOut on Earth.” The #Event
registered as one of the most highly attended national conventions in #Fiat
Club America’s history. A husband and wife even drove their 2017 #Fiat
124 Spider cross-country from Tacoma, Washington, to attend this year’s festivities.
Created and executed by #Fiat
enthusiasts, the FFO #Event
is a fun-filled, annual four-day #Event
that rotates throughout the country. This year's #Event
included driving tours throughout Disney properties and a scenic trip through orange groves and Florida’s backwoods to the Lakeridge Winery. Members were also treated to festive-themed meals, including a private dessert party at the Italy showcase in Epcot. The main #Event
was the Concorso Di Eleganza vintage car display, which was followed by a banquet and award ceremony.
The oldest vehicle that appeared in this year’s Concorso Di Eleganza was a 1952 #Fiat #500c
Topolino. Other vehicles on hand included a 1977 Lancia Scorpion, 1984 Pininfarina Spider Volumex, 1986 Bertone X 1/9 Dallarlra, a highly modified 2008 #Fiat #500 #Abarth
Meifestofile and an original factory-raced #Fiat #Abarth
131 rally car from the collection of John Campion.
A highlight of the gathering included the attendance of Anneliese #Abarth
, the wife and partner of the late Carlo #Abarth
, who served as the keynote speaker during the members annual banquet. As the widow of the legendary #automotive
designer, she carries on his legacy, actively representing #Abarth
at classic car Events and international club meetings throughout the world.
“Each year, we strive for the #Fiat
FreakOut to be the best ever,” said Doug Von Koenig, president of #Fiat
Club America. “And this year we achieved that goal by providing our members with a thrilling experience at Disney and having Anneliese #Abarth
on hand as our keynote speaker.”
At the conclusion of the members banquet, the club announced that the 2019 #Fiat
FreakOut will be held in Greensboro, North Carolina, July 10 -14.