aprile 12, 2017 - Dodge
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Pulls the Wheels
Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
Fastest quarter-mile car in the world; banned by the NHRA
- 840 horsepower and 770 pounds-feet of torque from supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Demon V-8 engine makes #dodge #challengersrtdemon the most-powerful muscle car ever
- Highest horsepower V-8 production car engine ever produced
- First-ever front-wheel lift in production car (2.92 feet) as certified by Guinness World Records
- World’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds and 140 miles per hour (mph) as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)
- Challenger SRT Demon is too fast for the drag strip – officially banned by NHRA
- World’s fastest 0-60 production car: 2.3 seconds
- 0-30 miles per hour: 1.0 second
- Highest g-force acceleration of any production car: 1.8 g
- Air-Grabber™ induction system includes the largest functional hood scoop (45.2 square inches) of any production car
- Significant upgrades to create the Demon engine include:
- Larger 2.7-liter per rev supercharger; increased boost pressure to 14.5 psi
- Higher rpm limit of 6,500
- First-ever factory-production car with innovative SRT Power Chiller™ liquid-to-air intercooler chiller system
- First factory-production car with After-Run Chiller that keeps cooling the supercharger/charge air cooler after the engine is shut off
- First-ever, factory-production car designed to run on 100+ high-octane unleaded fuel or 91 octane on demand
- First-ever, factory-production car with TransBrake for more powerful and quicker launches
- First-ever, factory-production drag car with Torque Reserve, to deliver increased levels of power and torque at launch
- First-ever, factory-production car with front passenger seat delete
- Exclusive, serialized Demon Crate offers components that fully unleash the car’s potential at the drag strip
- Challenger SRT Demon is covered by FCA US LLC factory warranty, including three-year/36,000-mile limited vehicle warranty and five-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage
- Production of limited-edition single model year (3,000 United States/300 Canada) #challengersrtdemon begins later this summer; deliveries to Dodge//SRT dealers to begin this fall
- All customers who buy the new 2018 #dodge #challengersrtdemon receive one full-day session at Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving
- Dodge has named Hagerty as its official insurance provider of the #dodge #challengersrt Demon
April 11, 2017, Auburn Hills, Mich. - #dodge rocked the high-performance car world in 2014 with the 707-horsepower Charger SRT Hellcat and #challengersrt Hellcat, building supercar performance at affordable prices. They were the most powerful muscle cars ever – until now.
Today, #dodge is shaking the foundation of the entire performance car industry, launching New York International #auto Show week with its wickedly fast new 2018 #dodge #challengersrtdemon – highly capable on the street, absolutely dominating at the drag strip.
Powered by a 840-horsepower, supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Demon V-8, the limited-production #challengersrtdemon is the world’s most powerful factory-production V-8 – bar none. NHRA-certified 9.65 seconds @ 140 mph makes the #dodge #challengersrtdemon the fastest ¼-mile car in the world.
- 0-30 mph: 1.0 second
- 0-60 mph: 2.3 seconds
- Quarter-mile: 9.65 seconds at 140 mph
The #challengersrtdemon also is the world’s first production car to lift the front wheels at launch and set the world record for longest wheelie from a standing start by a production car at 2.92 feet, certified by Guinness World Records. And hold onto your seat. The #challengersrtdemon also registers the highest g-force (1.8 g) ever recorded at launch in a production car.
“With Demon, our goal was to build a car that would tattoo the #dodge logo into the subconscious of the general market, beyond even our loyal enthusiasts, said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars – #dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA North America. “To do so, we had to set records that have never been set before, do more than has ever been done before, go beyond even the legendary Hellcat. The result: an 840-horsepower, 9-second muscle car unlike anything that has ever come before it.”