Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale. 50 years of fun on the snow!
Looking back to create the future
Mountain • Crossover • Back Country • 2-Up • Youth
Yamaha's special 50th Anniversary model is designed for the fun-seekers of tomorrow.
To celebrate 50 years of dedicated innovation to snowmobile development, we are looking again to the future, with the introduction of a step-up model specially designed to bring all the technical and handling charateristics - and the fun - of our full size machines within reach of the younger (or smaller and lighter) rider.
Named after a legendary Yamaha snowmobile model from 30 years past - and still highly sought after and collectible even today - the exciting new-generation SnoScoot
is a reliable, economical and affordable way to get the younger ones out in the fresh air and having the sort of fun that only a snowmobiling family understands! It also bridges the gap between our hugely popular and cute little SRX120
(ideal for kids under about 8) and the more physically demanding full-size machines - and by the way, for 2018, the SRX 120
sports our smart and exclusive 50th Anniversary colour scheme.
The Yamaha Sidewinders - now even more aggressive!
- Yamaha engineering and DNA all through - just like a full-size.
- Created to suit riders of around 8+ yrs and up to 1.5m tall.
- Great riding position - for easy balance and control.
- Smooth, quiet Yamaha 200cc 4-stroke OHV engine.
- 10hp delivers around 50kph - fun, but with safety in mind.
- Easy-pull recoil starter with compression relief.
- Heated hand warmers for having fun in comfort.
- Hydraulic disc brake and centrifugal CVT clutch.
- Grippy and hard-wearing Camoplast® Cobra 1" track.
- Double wishbone front suspension and plastic skis.
- Tough, adjustable mono-shock rear suspension.
- Lightweight aluminium tunnel with deep foot wells.
- Strong 55W headlight and a bright LED tail lamp.
Only last year, Yamaha stunned the snowmobile world with the introduction of the awesome, turbo-powered Sidewinder
models, an industry-first technical innovation that further established Yamaha as the name on the world's most advanced, capable and complete snowmobile line-up.
Now, alongside some changes to the 'look' of these fabulous machines, Yamaha's engineers have been working on a 'front-to-back' shock package for the M-TX LE models that makes them even more fun to ride.
First, the very latest Fox® QS3 front shock technology not only ensures amazing control and handling performance, but offers 'flip of a switch' adjustment between 3 expertly calibrated positions (Soft-Medium-Firm) to suit the riding conditions.
The rear suspension package, with its all-new Fox Float QSL, is also easily adjustable with a dial on the remote reservoir giving 1-2-L (Light-Medium-Locked) compression settings. In deep snow, the 'Locked' position limits rear-arm 'squat' and excessive ski lift, for even greater control and performance. A pressure release safety valve prevents damage to the shock during severe compression, even when set to 'L' position.
Finally, to ensure these suspension upgrades work together as a fully coordinated, finely tuned package and to add even more floatability and manoeuvrability - the driveshaft of the Sidewinder M-TX LE models has been lowered by 28.5º to give the track a 9.7º flatter approach angle.We like you to look good too!
As if they weren't striking-looking enough already, the 2018 Yamaha snowmobiles are available in even more exclusive and exciting colour and graphic schemes, including our unique 50th Anniversary livery. The special Limited Edition version of the Sidewinder M-TX 162 LE is a great example. The full 2018 Yamaha snowmobile line-up Mountain Sidewinder M-TX 162 LE
- Worth celebrating - our 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Sidewinder M-TX 153 LE
- Turbo power - now you can fly to new heights Crossover Sidewinder X-TX 141 LE
- Ready to explore your most extreme limits!Sidewinder X-TX 137 SE
- Created simply for miles of trail-blazing funSR Viper X-TX 141 SE
- The multi-talented crossover explorer is back Back Country Sidewinder B-TX 153 LE
- Extreme looks - VERY extreme performanceSR Viper B-TX 153 LE
- Top technology + great design = massive fun! 2-Up RSVenture TF
- Made for exploring in the grandest styleVenture MP
- True versatility - at work or at playVK Professional II
- Wide track luxury - now with Electric Power Steering VK540IV
- The world's favourite Wide Track just got even better! Youth SnoScoot
- For younger (8+) riders - made to measure using Yamaha DNA SRX-120
- Just like Dad's … and a great way to have fun together